Monday 10 November 2014

Task 4c: Developing inquiry questions

Chloe Jones: House of Dance teacher

How do you inspire/motivate your students?
I will always encourage my students. I have a positive attitude and will personally compliment students. I will set achievable goals eg finishing a dance which excites the students once reached.

 What and who inspires you in your teaching?
Music is a big inspiration to me. I love watching choreographed dances on you tube also. My style of teaching is very much inspired from my business partner.

 What is your favourite part of being a teacher?
My favorite part of being a teacher is seeing my students build in confidence. Of course its great when their technique improves and their ability but confidence is a huge thing.

 What do you expect of your students?
I always expect them to put 100% in everything. Even if its a new style or something they are unsure of, as long as they are trying I'm happy. I also expect them to be team players, supporting one another through out my lessons.

 How do you think bringing dance and performing arts into schools can help benefit the students?
I think bringing dance into schools benefits them because its a great way to exercise. It teaches discipline and is a great way for the students to interact with each other. The children always love the fact that their is music.

 Are you on Facebook? How do you manage the teacher/student relationship with your students while on social media sites?
I am on Fb. I have a private account and have no students as friends who are under the age of 18. I do have a business Instagram account where I post pictures of my dance school. All photos have convent from the parents and nothing inappropriate or personal goes onto that account.

......................................................................................................................

I thought Chloe was the perfect person to answer my questions as she works for house of dance (theatre school in my local area) and all the house of dance teachers also work in primary schools, therefore in a few weeks time she will hopefully be a close work colleague of mine.
Once I start working for House of Dance, Chloe will be someone who I will look to for inspiration and motivation so I am very thankful she has taken time to answer my questions.

1 comment:

  1. Lucy is about your inquiry questions but this looks like a very useful interview with a friend - how has it helped you choose your topic for the the inquiry?

    ReplyDelete